- Contain information vital for business continuity and are necessary to meet both short and long-term legal obligations.
- Provide internal information relating to an organisation’s successes and failures which are used to inform the thinking of current business leaders.
- Drive competitive advantage and support and inspire business and product development.
- Can be exploited as part of Corporate Social Responsibility projects.
- Aid marketing and decision making as well as providing evidence for legal and brand protection.
Business archives also have a wider social value. The central role that business and the economy play in our lives through wealth creation and the provision of goods and services mean they contribute an important element of our local, regional and national heritage.